Monday, August 22, 2011

Juice Fast Update #2

This will be my last juice fast update because... JUICE FAST IS FINITO!


Today started off great. I made a delicious fruit juice. 


At lunch I rode home and I really enjoyed that. It was so nice to come home in the middle of the day. I might do that more often. 



While the juice I drank for lunch was really good, by this afternoon even the thought of drinking another juice was making me gag. And the last thing I want to do is taint the new juicer with negative energy or bad memories.

So instead, I've come up with a better solution. Use the juicer often. Never put it away. Juicer now lives on the counter and I'm going to incorporate more fresh pressed juices (especially vegetable juices) in my life. I really do feel better physically and in just 4 days my eczema is doing much better. Raw micronutrients are definitely something I can afford to have a lot more of. 

I cannot however drink juice for all of my meals, not even for ten or seven days. It's just too hard. I miss the independent flavors of those delicious foods. I can't begin to describe how much I looked forward to my salad this evening. And everything in it was raw except for the tablespoon of walnut oil and soy sauce that I used for the dressing (that was for the whole salad for two people mind you). For me, liking vegetables has never been the problem, it's just keeping them at the core of my diet. 

This 4 day fast has taught me a lot. For the first time I was mentally aware of how much I snack and how often I give into mental cravings vs. physical cravings. I learned a lot more about vegetables and all of their magical powers. And it's been fun to see how long I could last. 

So, if I must say so myself, it was a really nice effort. Here's to health and nutrition. Maybe I'll try again, but not any time soon :) 

1 comment:

Workin' I.T. said...

Really proud of you- this is such good stuff!