Sunday, August 21, 2011

Juice Fast Update #1

Juice fast is not fun. It's hard. Really hard. I'm not actually hungry, that's not the hard part. I feel full, I even have energy and far more energy than I expected to have the first few days. I'm just already really sick of juice. All I can think about is bread. I'm learning that I crave bread way more than I crave cheese.  Last night I dreamt that I ate pizza and threw the whole thing off.

Work Friday wasn't too bad. I did think about eating delicious buttery toast all day. Not going out to lunch was kind of a draw back, but walking to get a few juices were nice breaks in the day. At night I stayed in. Which, if you know me, I really like to do on a Friday night. I'm much more of a Saturday night person. Anyway, I felt pretty normal the whole day, but in the evening I was a little grumpy and tired.



 


Saturday I took it easy in the morning. Normally on Saturdays I take a pilates mat class. Not sure how I'd be feeling, I stayed home. The morning and afternoon really weren't so bad. But, it probably would have been a lot easier if Josh didn't feel the need to grill up bacon-- I understand though, he was hung over :)



Saturday was my dedicated market day. The guy we bought our fruits and vegetables from was so happy with our purchase that he walked around his table to hand us our groceries and even threw in a few mandarins on the house. If you're from Amsterdam and you're familiar with Ten Katetraat, then you know how unusual that is. He'll be really sad after he realizes that's not our usual haul.



After the bountiful trip to the market, I was actually feeling really good. We went for a bike ride to the Amsterdam Bos, which is one of my favorite places in Amsterdam. We met up with some friends and spent the afternoon there. I brought some juice in a jar for the afternoon.








Now that it's Sunday, I'm on my third day of juice. Which brings me to my next point. Ten days is entirely too long. I'm thinking of cutting it back to seven days and ending it on Thursday. And I'm not just saying that because today was really hard (well, maybe that's exactly why I'm saying it). I'm saying it because I don't think I can do another weekend without eating a meal. I know I'm getting "food" but I really resent not chewing. And I really love cooking. I enjoy spending time on the weekend cooking for others. Preparing veggies to be juiced isn't quite as therapeutic as I'd hoped. Also, being social is hard. After the Bos yesterday we stopped by to say hi to friends having a picnic in Vondelpark. It's hard to be around people and say no to food. 1. It makes me feel rude. 2. I have to explain why I'm doing a juice fast.

When I say I'm doing a juice fast, people instantly think I'm doing the insane cayenne pepper maple syrup diet. So then there is some education about what I am actually doing. It's not bad to talk about, but by next weekend I can already imagine that I'd like to talk about anything else. I'd also like to eat a delicious meal.

So today I just stayed home. It was nice and slow, and that's good too. I'm looking forward to being busy at work for the next 4 days of the fast.

1 comment:

jane smith said...

"Mix" is a term invented, that feels good outdoortory burch biker boots
traveler mentality. Now have a good day, and over the mountains to ask for some bitter to eat, the one exercise, two to the mind, and then to strengthen solidarity and cooperation of some of these tumbled leather tory flats
is currently lacking in China impulsive, so trend Mix a thriving is inevitable.
I also aspire to ALICE, was empty when his ass a few times, the highest mountain in the ass before a trip, Hill can not remember the name, surely not the mountains; the shortest is behind the Imperial Palace in Beijing Jingshan, a donkey will than 20 minutes, sometimes a donkey is not fun would go once, twice but also over an hour, tory burch powdered suede reva flat
but I really rely on their own two legs donkey, and the hearts of proud, because the donkey by the four legs, if the donkey with the two legs, as I estimate it.
The news these days is more than ten days missing donkey, andtory burch snake skin boots
finally saved the day unscathed, they are also worried over their heart, those days of fieldwork must endure bad, plus I do not know the final result, the heart was also under a great challenge; the whole society did not use less power, heaven and earth, and the government the private sector, public family, on all sides of the Tory Burch Corey Flat Boots Brown
worry over the subject's estimate, according to the search and rescue party that only the direct costs of search and rescue on more than 100,000 yuan, paying the money I do not know how this out.