Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Seven Days of Lent So Far...

Ash Wednesday marks Day 1:
I decided my path for lent by venturing out to the bookstore for lunch. 

Thursday (2):
Dinner with new friends.
Photo Credit: Rachael Kendrick

Our wonderful host and chef Rachael isn't in this photo as she is taking the photo, but all delicious credit goes to her and her amazing skills in the kitchen. Thanks for having us over! 

Friday (3): 
Took a new route to work and learnt my way around new video editing software

Regular route to work

New route to work

Obviously the new route to work took longer, but it's nice to explore and see different things. I think I'll try to change it up more often. 

Saturday (4): 
I made this new to me recipe, leek fritters from my newest cookbook, Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi. 
Photo Credit: Josh Harris

Sunday (5): 
A day for television. I started watching We Can Be Heroes: Finding the Australian of the Year
and watched Ricky Gervais' new standup, Out of England

Monday (6): 
Went to meet my new Dutch doctor. She is very nice and helpful. The Dutch national health care system seems pretty great so far. I registered on Friday, they saw me on Monday and everyone in the office was kind and generally pleasant. That has not been my experience in the United States all that often. 

I also started reading this book 


Tuesday (7): 
Today I woke up an hour earlier than I normally do and I went running through Vondelpark. I think this will be one of my new daily things that sticks. I am so lucky that I live so close to such an amazing park.

7 new things down, 33 to more to go! 

2 comments:

honeybee said...

i love this idea! go ashly!

Jessica said...

You are such an inspiration, did you know that?

And those leek fritters look bomb. Were they tasty?