Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hotel Notes: Hyatt Regency in Bethesda

It's not every month that you get to live out of hotels, so for the month I am traveling, I've decided to keep a log of all of my stays. This weekend I stayed in the Hyatt Regency in Bethesda, MD. It's a pretty good spot, right next to the metro stop. Staying in a hotel tends to make me feel like an important business person. This feeling was fleeting as it quickly vanished the moment I attempted to wash some of my clothes in the bathtub using complimentary soaps and shampoos.

My favorite part about the Hyatt is that the elevators look like Wonkavators:

Also, it's pretty neat that they offer complimentary internet in the lobby here. It's not very neat that there is no where to sit. Hyatt, buy some furniture:
I'm no architect, but I'm not so sure how I feel about the design of this place with all of its open space. I'm normally not afraid of heights, but walking from the Wonkavator to my room, I am terrified that I am going to have a freak accident and fall over the railing. I can't help but wonder if people have actually done this. Terrifying.

Some positives about the hotel, they have a nice little work out facility. I have a feeling that with all of the driving we'll be doing on this trip, I'm going to become very familiar with hotel fitness rooms.
I worked out here yesterday and today and I am feeling great. Not to mention the 3-5 hours of walking I've done each day all over D.C.

I love to describe myself as resourceful. Note: the fitness area offers filtered water. When the water in your room tastes of chlorine, this is a very important tip.

Also, the fitness area gives out free apples in the morning. My only real expense on this trip will be the cost of food, so free food earns an A in my book.

On a scale of 1-5, Hyatt, you can have a 3. It's hard to be the first. Who knows, maybe I will change my mind by the end of the trip.

6 comments:

Workin' I.T. said...

You are amazing. I am so excited about this new feature of yours- can't wait to read them all!

Be careful walking from the Wonkavatorssss

evision said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kimkaralekas.com said...

Ashly I love that you get to do this! It seems like a dream come true and such an amazing opportunity for a PLANNER!! Especially wonderful that you get to visit the parts of the country you probably would never make other plans to see. Keep the updates coming!!!

羅惠玲 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matthias said...

Hey, I notice you visited the hotel gym. Would you mind writing a review at http://www.HotelGymReview.com?

Thanks!

Dan said...

lovely photos! good for you and you're traveleing.

here's yet another website to learn spanish from-

http://www.stuff4you.biz/spanish.asp