Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Way We Eat

I've been absorbing a lot of information about food lately and I can't stress how important it is that we start thinking more about the way we eat and begin changing our behaviors.

Food, Inc. Everyone should see this documentary:

Jamie Oliver's recent TED Talk: Teach Every Child About Food:

Jonathan Safran Foer's new book: Eating Animals

I am not a vegan, or a vegetarian, and I'm sure there are hundreds reasons why I should be. I'm guilty of the occasional fast food trip and sweets binge. I'm human. I love food and life's indulgences. The point is, we all have to make our own decisions about how we eat. For me that decision is moderation and balance. That decision is to understand where my food comes from and to start supporting the demand of good and wholesome food with every dollar I spend.


No comments: