Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nike Idea Lab

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at Nike's Idea Lab and met with director, Jeff Cha.
Photo credits: Phil Gong

I can't believe I didn't snap a few photos while I was there. I think I was just too busy soaking it all in to think about it. Luckly, this fellow blogger did, so I borrowed a few images from him. Next time I'm there, I won't forget.

Idea Lab is research done right. It's a creative and inspiring space. It's located in the old resource library in the Mia Hamm building. The tables are covered in dry erase surface, people gather to brainstorm and concept. There are little rooms for meetings that are designed to stimulate. Everyone works out in the open. There is texture and color everywhere. It's amazing how important design is to inspiring creativity. This kind of space is pure reward and I'd love to work here.

While talking with Jeff, I asked about the kind of projects they work on at Idea Lab. The recipe for success was that they are always working on different projects and new approaches. No day is ever the same. They live in the future because they are always working 12-15 months out. Nothing felt off limits.

Nike, you never fail to awe.

I think Jeff is going to participate in my project in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to sharing his insights with you.

No comments: