Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Unemployed Day 4: Getting Stuff Done

Today I attempted to install a procrastinator's worst enemy into my Firefox. It's called LeechBlock and it allows you to successfully lock yourself out of websites for set periods of time. Yes, I have a problem, it's called Facebook. Don't pretend like it's not your problem too. I tried the add-on out for 10 minutes and it worked just as it was supposed to. I would say try it out for yourself, only for some reason my Firefox is now completely dysfunctional and I'm back to Safari. So... until that's figured out, I'm practicing self-control.

I met again with my freelancer friends to think more about organizing a creative collective. We're brainstorming projects. I'm pumped to have people to work with. Outside of school, it can be hard to find good partners to build your portfolio with, so this is really refreshing.

I'm working on the project I mentioned yesterday, the one I have yet to come up with a name for. But, I am very pleased to announce that my first interview will be with the Creative Director of Agency Culture at Goodby, Silverstein and Partners, Ronny Northrop. I met Ronny at the One Club's student portfolio show last spring and had a great conversation. I'm really looking forward to catching up and I think Ronny will be the perfect guy to kick off my interview series.

Buckminster Fuller: The Lost Interviews DVD #2 arrives in the mail tomorrow from Netflix. Excited to finish up that series, and looking forward to a good reflection. By the way, if you haven't tried Netflix, you really, really should. I love it. A lot.

No comments: