Sunday, December 7, 2008

There is this funny thing that happens...

There is a funny thing that happens when something needs to get done, but you know you can successfully put it off for a little while longer. I see this as a challenge- just how far can I push myself before I go into complete panic mode? For instance, I need to write an essay about monkeys, apes and prosimians, it's worth 40 % of my grade (now I have never been one for grades, but I am one for caring). Only instead of getting started, I have....

Made cookies:

Made my bed:

Cleaned off my desk:

Washed the dishes:


I have also folded my clothes, sorted my laundry, vacuumed my studio, read a chapter in my current not-for-school book, uploaded albums to facebook, went grocery shopping, updated all of my blogs, talked to 4 friends on the phone, called my mom, chatted online, photographed these things and then updated my blog again.

Procrastination will be the death of me.

For more on procrastination, check out the Procrastination Flow Chart by Ehdom


I think I'll make tea.

3 comments:

Chi è? said...

Making your bed is overrated.

kimkaralekas said...

YUM those cookies look darn good!

Friendsy said...

Procrastination isn't a bad thing. I like to think it's just your brain's way of telling you that you work better under pressure, so it keeps you occupied until it's the absolute last minute. Embrace your inner slacker.