Monday, November 17, 2008

Really?!

Today I read the headline, "German Inmate Mails Himself Free." I thought to myself, "Really?" I mean, I just assumed from movies and such that it was way harder than that to escape from prison or jail. If this is true, why have we wasted all of our efforts being so wrapped up in stories deliciously narrated by Morgan Freeman, about digging holes and crawling through sewage to escape to freedom? Am I so naive? The Shawshank Redemption still seems so much more believable to me. I am going to stop being surprised, about anything.

3 comments:

Tiffany Cruickshank said...

Ridiculous.

Loganius said...

Not included in the German story: He mailed himself in as well.

German authorities have released a picture of the escaped convict:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ZOIoSOCNnfs/SEhAIcTO0iI/AAAAAAAAAEE/W7hmKSfaD_c/s320/GOB.gif

Jessica said...

I totally did that once.